Blog 3: Ghett'a Life Review

Hi people,

Today i'm going to talk about a film we watched at english class long time ago. The movie called Ghett'a Life. 

Honestly, I didn't like the film because I didn't empathize with the story. I didn't like the way that the director make the movie. I have to say that it's not a bad story (shows the Jamaica's poverty, the violence in the suburbs or the socials injustices is necessary and appreciate), it's just not my type of movie. If I'm honest, I prefer comedies or horror movies. 

My favorite character was Derrick because he persisted in his passion: Boxing, even though his dad was against him. Other thing I liked about Derrick was he didn't care about the social segregation of his community. He was able to make a friendship with the people of the other sector of his community, like Gully Rat, the guy who died at the end of the movie. 

A thing that I liked about the film was the scene in the nature, where the boxing club went to practice. I didn't like the violence in some scenes, I did'n't like to watch that kind of things. 

Finally, my favorite scene was the part when Derrick won his fight, it was moving. After all his effort and his passion for boxing he deserved to win. 

Bye. 

Resultado de imagen para Ghett'a Life

Comentarios

  1. im glad that you still be my friend :) lov ya

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi I agree with you I dont empathize with the way the director make the movie, but I like the history because we can se a different reality.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i think the problem to this film was that many scenes was overreact and violence too jaja. But i thin that the subject of this film was interesting : )
    greetings

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Natalia! i agree with you about the character of Derrick, i would like have his passion, he is so adorable!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

CHILDREN OF GOD REVIEW :')

Blog 6: Postgraduate Studies

Blog 9: Changes to my study program